Salesforce is one of the most advanced customer relationship management (CRM) systems on the market. Its highly sophisticated sales tools enable businesses of all sizes to manage sales, marketing and customer service on a central platform. Salesforce reviews show that users are particularly impressed with its powerful reporting and integration capabilities. It is best for organizations looking for an advanced, feature-rich CRM system.Visit Salesforce
Who is Salesforce best for?
- Businesses looking for advanced sales tools: At every level, Salesforce packages are packed with valuable contact and deal management, lead scoring, and sales forecasting features designed to help users increase sales and grow their businesses. one of the reasons why Salesforce Essentials, the entry-level plan, made our top picks for the best CRMs for small businesses.
- Teams wanting a highly customizable CRM: Salesforce CRM offers extensive system customization tools. A process builder allows users to automate, manage, and customize business processes. Users can also test customizations and changes to a sandbox for developers before deploying them for real use.Alternatively, check out some other options in our article detailing the best customizable CRMs for small businesses.
- Real estate agencies looking for a powerful system to manage their agents and teams: Salesforce is a great choice for mid-sized and large real estate agencies because you have the ability to distribute leads, make metrics-based decisions, and collaborate across management and brokers.
Who is Salesforce not a good fit for?
- Startups and small companies that need a free or low-cost CRM: Salesforce doesn’t have a free package, and pricing is more expensive, especially if you need more than what’s included in the Essentials package. Small business owners on a tighter budget who want a CRM that they can use for free should check out our list of the best free CRM software.
- Businesses that need an eCommerce CRM: Salesforce lacks tools for eCommerce store management, order processing, and product listings. If you have an eCommerce business and need to manage aspects of your eCommerce store through your CRM , our picks for the best ecommerce CRMs have much more suitable options.
- Realtors looking for a simple CRM solution: The Salesforce system is too robust and not suitable for individual agents looking for an easy-to-navigate solution to organize, communicate and care for their clientele. For a simple and easy-to-use dashboard, try Freshsales or another free real estate CRM.
Salesforce’s pricing includes four packages starting at $25 per user, per month, when billed annually. The Essentials plan is the only one that can be purchased on a monthly basis ($35 per user, per month). All other plans require an annual contract. However, you can sign up for a 14-day free trial to test Salesforce CRM before signing up for a paid plan.
For more information about Salesforce pricing and plan subscriptions, select a plan from the drop-down options below:
Drawing of basic elements
The Essentials plan is Salesforce’s most basic and low-cost plan. Although it is Salesforce’s introductory package, it offers users advanced features and functionality compared to other providers. Its features include account, contact, lead, and opportunity management, as well as and lead assignment routing, customizable sales processes, and reporting. It also gives users access to Chatter, Salesforce’s real-time team collaboration application.
The Professional plan offers everything included in the Essentials plan, plus additional features for sales and initiative management. Notable additions include collaborative sales forecasting and rule-based scoring, which helps users increase their conversion rate. It also offers configure, price, quote (CPQ) functions such as contract management, as well as quotes and invoices to help you manage your business finances.
In addition to the features included in the Professional plan, the Enterprise plan offers tools for workflows and approval automation, as well as custom opportunity fields for forecasts. assign leads or accounts to specific sellers based on geography, industry or product.
The Unlimited plan is Salesforce’s most advanced plan. In addition to all the features provided in the lower tiers, it includes custom sales forecasts and pipeline inspection.
Pipeline inspection allows your team to gain a unified view of all pipeline metrics, including opportunities, week-to-week changes, AI-powered insights, predictions about when they will close deals and activities. This, in turn, allows your team to focus on the most important deals and improves revenue forecasting.
It also offers more customization options for users. There is a Developer Pro Sandbox where users can design custom processes and interface changes in a secure testing environment before its official release.
Salesforce offers a wide range of functionality on a powerful platform, giving sales teams a centralized system to manage leads, deals and opportunities. It also offers advanced tools for salesforce automation, workflows, CRM reporting, inventory and messaging email.
Salesforce offers features fundamental to effectively managing sales performance and nurturing customer relationships. These include tools for deal and opportunity tracking, sales process automation, pipeline tracking, sales forecasting, and qualification recognition. .
Here are some general and distinct features we like best about Salesforce:
Agents can view the status of accounts, deals, revenue and opportunities on the Salesforce dashboard.
Below is a breakdown of some of the key features you’ll find in Salesforce CRM software:
Salesforce’s lead generation and management features allow users to track the progress of all active leads and identify those that need follow-up. It has a scoring feature that allows users to identify «hot» leads and those most likely to convert , increasing the chances of closed deals. It also allows users to work closely with customers across multiple touchpoints, including phone, email and social media.
Infographic showing the Salesforce lead management process with best actions for managing different types of leads.
Artificial Intelligence Tool: Salesforce Einstein
Einstein is Salesforce’s artificial intelligence (AI) tool. It uses your data to identify upcoming sales opportunities and deals for your reps, predict customer issues, and alert reps of potential cases that might arise. Einstein helps also in marketing activities, creating predictive paths and personalized marketing content based on the interests of a prospect or customer.
Salesforce CRM’s Einstein AI analyzes your data to predict the next best course of action to increase your chances of closing a deal.Land management
Salesforce territory management allows users to segment accounts, contacts, and deals into specific territories to help users manage similar accounts and customers. Allows you to create custom sales territories specific to your business (such as location, product line, or customer characteristics), in order to develop a logical, flexible structure and match prospects or customers to the most appropriate agent.
Create territories to segment your sales initiatives more effectively in Salesforce CRM.
Third party integrations
Salesforce CRM software has integration capabilities with many third-party applications, allowing you to sync lead and customer data to the platform from multiple sources. Manage your social media accounts and projects, generate email marketing and performance insights of customer service, improve workflows and boost your team’s overall productivity and collaboration capabilities.
Some of the most popular Salesforce integrations include:
- Google Workplace
Salesforce offers three levels of support under its Success plans: Standard, Premier, and Signature. All license types offer Standard Success support, which gives users access to self-guided resources, e-learning, and a help portal. The Premier package is priced at at 30% of the subscription cost of a user, while the price of the Signature package is adjusted according to the needs and requests of an organization.
Ease of use
Salesforce is best suited for users with prior experience using CRM software or who have intermediate technical skills. As it is feature-rich, advanced and sophisticated, new users may need some time to understand the interface and navigate in terms of how to organize the tools. However, Salesforce provides how-to articles, self-help resources, and demonstration videos to help users learn how to navigate the software.
What users are saying in Salesforce reviews
Salesforce evaluations show that users appreciate the ability to get reliable sales reports on various sales initiatives, including sales forecasts, goals vs. actual revenue, and the number of leads won and lost. They also like that it can be integrated with a handful of third-party business tools;
At the time of this publication, Salesforce had the following ratings from popular user review sites:
In less favorable reviews of Salesforce, some users said that navigating the Salesforce CRM software is confusing because it is too feature-rich. They also said that the interface could be more modern and sleek.